Series 2 – Episode 31: INSIGHT – Explore the magic of transitions in your Midlife & how it’s possible to really love the unknown, to embrace uncertainty.
I share several ways we can make sense of the Liminal Space of being in-between, what it means to traverse Ancient Greece’s River of Misery & the Buddhist Bardo states of consciousness with the Ancient Roman God Janus showing us the way.
Join me, to find out what it means to step into your own self-evolution by hanging out on The Edge of Comfort, getting really good with Discomfort so that you are truly free to craft an intentional, conscious life – living your purposeful Wholebeing Happiness in Midlife.
Try out three ways to hold steady through change so that you can build your courage & resilience, while having some light-hearted fun & delight along the way.
Change is upon you in Midlife – roles, relationships, responsibilities, purpose, it’s all happening! Today’s episode suggests some tools to help you rest & settle into change, to make it more bearable, even how to wallow & dance in your Midlife creativity!
💛 🧩 🦭
Join me to start living into your best life, today.
“May you be Happy, May you be Free – there is no better time to coach together!”
SUBSCRIBE on these Podcast Services to have each episode delivered to your device automatically
WHAT YOU’LL DISCOVER IN THIS EPISODE
- What’s so special about Liminal Space!
- What makes The Liminal so uncomfortable as humans – why change is so hard
- What’s possible in your life if you embrace the transitions of your life, of Midlife
- How to dance with life itself, with you as the work of art in the process of creation
- What can we learn from the Ancient Greeks, the Ancient Romans, the Buddhist Bardo, Relationships Systems Coaching & Happiness scientist Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi
- Ways to cope through the difficulties & discomfort of change & transition as you rebuild your life
- The sacred spirit of this Midlife journey
USEFUL LINKS FROM THIS EPISODE
- River of Misery & Coaching Journeys – #1.5: What’s stopping your Happiness & Success?
- Edge Work – #1.32 called Discomfort change = Happiness!
- The Call for Self-Evolution – #1.25 called Your next step: Evolution
- How to FEEL better = Negative Emotions Coaching Journey – starts at #1.17
- Why our brains make change hard – 2.2 Brain – Midlife Brains: Teflon, Velcro, Reptiles or what? & #2.11.Brain – Why you really want a RAS in your Midlife
- Midlife as a time of Transition – #2.0: Welcome to your Midlife Happiness, no matter what!
Meditation on the Liminal
- Midlife Meditation 🧘 Liminal Space of Transition, Change & Uncertainty (10mins)
Other Meditations to soothe your soul, to soothe your animal body awash with anxiety & fear in times of change:
- Midlife Meditation 🧘 3 Breaths to get you started (5 mins)
- Midlife Meditation 🧘 3 Breaths Expanded (20 mins)
- Midlife Meditation 🧘 Belly Breathing for stress & anxiety (15 mins)
- Midlife Meditation 🧘 Heart Breathing for the best feelings every! (30 mins)
- Midlife Meditation 🧘 Wholebeing Integration for when you’re raw & shredded (20 mins)
- Midlife Meditation 🧘 Compassion & LovingKindness for you now (10 mins)
- Midlife Meditation 🧘 Loving-Kindness Metta to expand 4 qualities of love (15 mins)
- My Midlife Meditations playlist on YouTube
- Franciscan friar Richard Rohr’s Centre for Action & Contemplation
- The Buddhist Bardo States of Consciousness – What is a Bardo?
- Subscribe to Julia’s “Thoughts on the Bardo of Midlife”
COMMENTS – QUERIES – INSIGHTS?
Find Happiness-Matters on these Podcast Services & Subscribe
Also sign-up for my Coaching Notes by email
New to podcasting? How to subscribe on any device