Series 1 – Episode: Today is officially Fun at Work Day! Julia Seal uses your thoughts and opinions of this day to demonstrate how you can coach yourself to get the results you want in your life – “happy and successful, no matter what”. Also, learn more about the origin of the well-known slogan “8 hours’ labour, 8 hours’ recreation, 8 hours’ rest” and decide what other Thoughts you might want to adopt for your future work life.
- How to subscribe to The Happiness-Matters podcast on your device
- Download all of the coaching tools for Series 1 from here: https://happiness-matters.coach/free/
Today is officially Fun at Work Day! Instead of discussing various “funativities” to try with your team today, coach Julia Seal looks at your thoughts and opinions of this day to demonstrate how you can coach yourself to get the results you most want in your life – happiness & success.
She demonstrates the basic process of coaching yourself, using examples, and how you can apply Buddha’s experimental method to change your lived experience of today.
Together, examine your deeply held beliefs about work and fun at work, such as the Robert Owen’s 1817 well-known slogan “8 hours’ labour, 8 hours’ recreation, 8 hours’ rest”. Then, explore some paradigm-shifting Thoughts to try on and practice for the day including “Hard Work is Fun”, “Fun at Work is always available to me”, “I am fun” or “Life as 50:50 is fun”.
This episode is a simple outline of the coaching process we have been on together in Series 1 – from our Defining – Assessing – Visioning step-by-step coaching process to our mini-coaching programme looking at your unhappiness, your negative emotions in detail.
There really is no better time to do this work together!
- WHAT YOU’LL LEARN IN THIS EPISODE
- All about Fun at Work Day, where it comes from and why we do it
- The origins of the well-known slogan “8 hours labour, 8 hours recreation, 8 hours rest”
- How to coach yourself to get the results you want on Fun at Work Day, with examples from Julia’s experience
- Paradigm shifting thoughts to practice thinking for the day, including “Hard Work is Fun”, “Fun at Work is always available to me” and “I am fun”
- Why working with your Thoughts and Feelings is so much more powerful for your transformation than adding another Activity, another thing to do
- Suggested “funativities” books and articles
USEFUL LINKS FROM THIS EPISODE
- Subscribe & Review
- Episode Links
- Insight Series: Coaching your Negative Emotions
- Episode #1.17 – Unhappy is the story of Happy
- Episode #1.18 – Unhappy, what to do about it?
- Episode #1.19 – Coaching your Unhappiness
- Episode #1.20 – Negative Emotions & Emotional Intelligence
- Episode #1.21 – Emotional Immaturity & your Happiness Wisdom
- Episode #1.22 – Happiness is 50:50, always!
- Episode #1.23 – Are you Buffering your happiness away?
- Episode #1.24 – Are you Anti-fragile? Courageous?
- Episode #1.25 – Your next step, Evolution!
- Episode #1.26 – How to FEEL better now!
- Episode #1.26.Q&A – How to FEEL better now!
- Supporting Coaching Tools
- Series 1 Links
JOIN US FOR MORE COACHING
- Our Facebook Page – https://www.facebook.com/HappinessMattersCoach/
- Start your coaching journey with us on our Facebook Group – https://www.facebook.com/groups/happinessmatterscoach/
- Find us on Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/happinessmatterscoach/
COMMENTS – QUERIES – INSIGHTS?