Series 2 – Episode 24: BODY AS BRAIN – The Dalai Lama has said: “The human mind, at its default setting, is compassionate”. Discover how your compassion, your ability to feel empathy & your altruistic motivations are actually wired into you through the action of a specially-evolved bundle of nerves, the Vagus.
Responsible for your body’s automatic activities when it’s at rest – digestion, reproduction, the immune response – the Vagus Nerve is a fundamental biological building block of human compassion & your Wholebeing Happiness in Midlife!
Join coach Julia Seal for a “wander” through the responsibilities of the Vagus Nerve, from being the superhighway between the gut & the brain in your head to fear management & your resilience in times of difficulty as well as how it affects whether you feel compassion at the sight of someone’s suffering.
Essentially, find out ways to activate & tone your Vagus Nerve so you can tap into all its benefits – easy, everyday Happiness Habits – from singing in the shower to Yoga’s Ujaii or Bhramari breathing to gratitude journals & laughing.
A fascinating addition to your self-coaching & a vital piece in your Midlife Happiness puzzle!
💛 🧩 🦭
Join me to start living into your best life, today.
“May you be Happy, May you be Free – there is no better time to coach together!”
SUBSCRIBE on these Podcast Services to have each episode delivered to your device automatically
WHAT YOU’LL DISCOVER IN THIS EPISODE
- The basics, what is the Vagus Nerve exactly!
- What does a nerve have to do with your Wholebeing Happiness
- How to influence how much you can feel compassion, empathy, gratitude & happiness
- What can you do to help with depression & anxiety or to manage your fear
- Easy tips to add to your everyday to massively impact your wellbeing, your resilience, your Wholebeing Happiness
USEFUL LINKS FROM THIS EPISODE
- BOOK: Born to Be Good: The Science of a Meaningful Life by Dacher Keltner –
- Coaching Tools
- Belly Breathing – #2.9.Meditation – Midlife Meditation Belly Breathing for anxiety & insomnia
- Laughter – #1.11 – Laughter for work success
- Step-by-step Coaching Tool – 3 Long Strong Breaths
- Bhramari Breathing
- 8 Happiness Habits for your Midlife! –
- Body As Brain mini-series
- #2.1 Series 2 Overview – Coaching your puzzled Midlife brain for Wholebeing Happiness!
- #2.6.Body – Your body’s in-built Midlife Red Flag System
- #2.15.Body – How real is your Mind:Body Connection in Midlife?
COMMENTS – QUERIES – INSIGHTS?
Find Happiness-Matters on these Podcast Services & Subscribe
Also sign-up for my Coaching Notes by email
New to podcasting? How to subscribe on any device