Series 2 – Episode 21: MEDITATION – Need an alternative to Meditation practice when it all seems too difficult & your mind is completely mad with thoughts?
Discover 6 techniques to turn Writing into a meditation practice so that you can develop a relationship with your Mind – a Midlife crazy-wisdom skill!
In this episode, I explore how to work with narrative writing, expressive writing, free-flow with journal prompts, Morning Pages & Thought Downloads – even, Professor Dumbledore’s Pensieve!
Using these alternatives to meditation opens the door to seeing the difference between THINKING & THOUGHT where you’re the Observer, the Witness of your own Mind.
You’ll discover how to brain dump, how to thought-download, how to reframe & how to declutter your own Mind, just like you declutter a cupboard in your house!
Brain Management through Meditation or Writing as Meditation is all about how to increase awareness of the thoughts going on in your mind + how to develop impartiality so you can observe your own thinking without judgment (no inner self-critic here!) + how to work with your exact patterns of how you turn Thinking into Thought, where you engage with your thinking mind & then create the Think-Feel-Act patterns that run your life + how to find where unseen bias is holding you back… eventually we even get to explore the independent origination of thought & what this means for your Wholebeing Happiness in Midlife – such a puzzle, so exciting!
💛 🧩 🦭
Join me to start living into your best life, today.
“May you be Happy, May you be Free – there is no better time to coach together!”
SUBSCRIBE on these Podcast Services to have each episode delivered to your device automatically
WHAT YOU’LL DISCOVER IN THIS EPISODE
- What is a crazy-wisdom skill for your Midlife?
- 6 Alternative ways to get the benefits of meditation, without meditating!
- How to use journaling, keeping a diary, expressive writing & free writing as a meditation technique
- Discover another form of writing that’s as close to meditation as possible…
- How to declutter & clean out your mind from all your thoughts!
- And then, what’s really unique about meditating
- Meditation mini-series
- How to Meditate & Why – 3 Breaths to change everything in your Midlife
- #2.12.Meditation – Brain waves you want in Midlife
- Step-by-step Coaching Tool – 3 Long Strong Breaths
- Guided Meditations
- Midlife Meditation 🧘 3 Breaths to get you started (5 mins)
- Midlife Meditation 🧘 3 Breaths Expanded (20 mins)
- Midlife Meditation 🧘 Belly Breathing for stress & anxiety (15 mins)
- Midlife Meditation 🧘 Heart Breathing for the best feelings every! (30 mins)
- Midlife Meditation 🧘 Wholebeing Integration (30 mins)
- My Midlife Meditations playlist on YouTube
USEFUL LINKS FROM THIS EPISODE
- Journal Prompts for your free-writing? Join my private FB Group
- BOOK: The Artist’s Way – A Spiritual Path to Higher Creativity by Julia Cameron
- BOOK: Writing Down the Bones, freeing the writer within by Natalie Goldberg
- MOVIE CLIP: Professor Dumbledore & Harry Potter with the Pensieve
COMMENTS – QUERIES – INSIGHTS?
Find Happiness-Matters on these Podcast Services & Subscribe
Also sign-up for my Coaching Notes by email
New to podcasting? How to subscribe on any device