Series 1 – Episode 38: Coach Julia Seal introduces the academic model PERK in an exploration of the Science of Happiness at Work: Purpose, Engagement, Resilience, Kindness. Using 2 assessment tools, learn how to assess your balance. Then, dive into Engagement & how to increase yours by tapping into the power of Flow. Practice coaching yourself to create Flow every day, using free coaching tools with the help of Csikszentmihalyi, Einstein, Proust & Suzuki
- How to subscribe to The Happiness-Matters podcast on your device
- Download all of the coaching tools for Series 1 from here: https://happiness-matters.coach/free/
This week, coach Julia Seal introduces the 4-pillar academic framework of the Science of Happiness at Work from the University of Berkeley’s Greater Good Science Centre. As we adapt to the new-normal of working remotely, working from home – and celebrating National Wear Your Pyjamas to Work Day – we discover what’s included in PERK: Purpose – Engagement – Resilience – Kindness and what each of these mean to your own work happiness and success.
Using two assessment tools – Wheels or Chairs – learn a quick way how to assess your balance in these 4 happiness dimensions.
Then, dive deep into understanding E: Engagement and how to increase your own Engagement – for yourself, your own happiness and success – rather than leaving it up to your company’s El Khomri-type policies or leadership goodwill.
Get to know the 8 characteristics of Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi’s Flow for yourself and try out some simple tips so you can experience it more often.
Then, use a combination of Julia’s coaching tools, with insights from Einstein, Proust and Mindfulness, to practice coaching yourself to reach Flow in your everyday working life; and not only in the jobs that you find interesting! Happy and successful, no matter what!
May you be Happy, May you be Free – there is no better time to coach together!
WHAT YOU’LL DISCOVER IN THIS EPISODE
- How leading academics are definining the Science of Happiness at Work
- What is PERK and what’s included in Purpose – Engagement – Resilience – Kindness
- 2 tools to assess our work-life balance in these areas
- What E: Engagement means, not only for companies and managers but for us as individuals
- How we can increase our work happiness by focusing on 8 features of the Flow state
- Tips to tap into Flow for ourselves – tips for managers to set up employee Flow experiences
- How to coach ourselves to create Flow every day in your daily working life, no matter what!
USEFUL LINKS FROM THIS EPISODE
- Subscribe & Review
- Episode Links
- Past Episode Links
- Series 1 Links
JOIN US FOR MORE COACHING
- Our Facebook Page – https://www.facebook.com/HappinessMattersCoach/
- Start your coaching journey with us on our Facebook Group – https://www.facebook.com/groups/happinessmatterscoach/
- Find us on Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/happinessmatterscoach/
- Individual private coaching with Julia – http://www.happiness-matters.coach
- Subscribe to Julia’s Blog
COMMENTS – QUERIES – INSIGHTS?
- Share them with Julia directly here – https://happiness-matters.coach/ask/
- Share them on our Facebook Page – https://www.facebook.com/HappinessMattersCoach/