Series 2 – Episode 27: BONUS – Enjoy this holiday special 4-part conversation on Toxic Conflict in your Midlife Relationships & What To Do.
Deep dive into the 4 worst toxic behaviours that show up in our relationships, whether it’s at home with our loved ones or at work in our teams, in conversation with me & Lemon Rebellion founder, Jamie Jenkins.
We discuss the most poisonous of toxic behaviours: Criticism & Blame – Defensiveness – Stonewalling & Sulking – Contempt.
· How to identify each one exactly, where & how it’s showing up in your relationships
· 💪 What do if you’re experiencing it from the other
· 🙈 What to do if you’re doing it!
· Tips to neutralise the hot conflict & get your relationship back on track
Also find out:
– How to self-soothe so you’re signaling to your brain & body that you’re safe, safe with yourself
– How to get from automatic fight-back React Mode to a more neutral Respond Mode when you’re triggered
– What’s going on in your Midlife Brain & in your neurological patterning
– How to be mindful of your in-built filtering system – are you really seeing toxic behaviours or just perceiving them
– How to step out of the ongoing spiral of Victim & Persecutor roles forever!
Time stamp info for you:
Criticism & Blame: 2:15
Stonewalling, Sulking & The Cold Shoulder: 1:32:05
Watch the video clips of Jamie & me on YouTube
💛 🧩 🦭
Join me to start living into your best life, today.
“May you be Happy, May you be Free – there is no better time to coach together!”
SUBSCRIBE on these Podcast Services to have each episode delivered to your device automatically
WHAT YOU’LL DISCOVER IN THIS EPISODE
- What is the difference between healthy & unhealthy conflict
- What are the 4 most poisonous behaviours for your Midlife Relationships
- What to do if you’re experiencing them from others – criticism, sulking, contempt
- What do to if you realise you are doing any of them! – the cold shoulder, blame, defensiveness
- How to quickly neutralize any of them to take the heat out of the unhealthy conflict
- How to self-soothe so you can create healthy conflict & resolve the situation quickly
- How to step out of the ongoing spiral of Victim & Persecutor forever!
- More about my 8-week Relationships Coaching Programme
USEFUL LINKS FROM THIS EPISODE
- 8-weeks Relationships Coaching
- Coaching Tools to support you through the holidays
- Watch these 4 conversations on my Relationships channel on YouTube
COMMENTS – QUERIES – INSIGHTS?
Find Happiness-Matters on these Podcast Services & Subscribe
Also sign-up for my Coaching Notes by email
New to podcasting? How to subscribe on any device